Most Fuel Efficient Cars for San Diego
The Most Fuel Efficient Cars
What are the Most Fuel Efficient Cars in San Diego?
We, Californians, are environment-conscious and always on the lookout for eco-friendly, fuel-efficient cars. The auto industry has taken great strides in recent decades toward manufacturing a wide variety of electric cars, hybrids, and diesel-powered vehicles.
To find the best fuel efficient cars, particularly used cars, you should know which makes and models have proven themselves over the years.
At Express Auto Auction, you can filter our inventory of used cars by “fuel type”. Look for it on the left-hand side of the screen, or tap the + icon on the mobile search bar to find the “fuel type” filter. Whether pure electric, hybrid, diesel, flex fuel - our auction lot often has many options.
And clean energy vehicles are not the only competitors in the fuel efficiency test. Don’t forget about great gas mileage!
Here’s our list of the most fuel-saving for you, San Diego!
Most Fuel Efficient All-Electric Cars
We’ll prioritize the makes and models you’re more likely to see on an auction lot.
- Tesla Model S - The S has one of the longest ranges of any electric car.
- Mileage/range: 400+ miles power per charge ⚡
- Tesla Model 3 - Well, of course Tesla has more than one model here. The Model 3 is a EV popular choice throughout California.
- Mileage/range: 305-374 miles per charge
- Chevrolet Bolt EV - A more affordable all electric option.
- Mileage/range: upwards of 270 miles per charge
- Hyundai Kona Electric - another entry from Hyundai, but with a bit less range.
- Mileage/range: around 260 miles per charge
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric - You’ll see this model more than once on our list as it comes in electric or hybrid models.
- Mileage/range: 170 miles per charge
- Lucid Air Grand Touring - a newer car, so you won’t find many used yet, and also pricey.
- Mileage/range: the highest of the bunch with 500+ miles per charge! 😲
Most Fuel Efficient Hybrid Cars
- Chevrolet Volt - expect the plug-in part to get you over 50 miles, so you might not need to refuel that often while driving around town. Then the great mpg kicks in.
- Mileage/range: Upwards of 80 mpg according to fuelly! 🔌
- Toyota Prius - Not the first, but certainly a popularizer of hybrids, the Prius has been doing its thing for a while. It has a very fuel-saving rating of 56 mpg combined.
- Mileage/range: Around 45 mpg average according to fuelly.
- Honda Accord Hybrid - a great value on the long range of this car.
- Mileage/range: upwards of 42 mpg on older models according to fuelly
- Kia Niro hybrid - is it a hatchback or a SUV? Anyway, some get up to 50 mpg with this baby.
- Mileage/range: 45+ mpg according to fuelly.
- Ford Fusion Hybrid - a midsize sedan combining gas and electricity.
- Mileage/range: upwards of 40 mpg
- Ford C-Max - based on the Ford Focus, it boasts a 40 mpg rating.
- Mileage/range: expect 40 mpg according to fuelly.
- Honda Civic Hybrid - different models have proven their fuel efficiency.
- Mileage/range: Around 38 mpg average according to fuelly.
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - discontinued but there are used models floating around out there and the efficiency isn’t bad.
- Mileage/range: 34-37 mpg according to fuelly.
- Kia Optima Hybrid - there is a combined 42 mpg rating but…
- Mileage/range: 31-33mpg according to fuelly.
- Toyota Rav4 Hybrid - Has a plug-in version and has a rating of 38-40 mpg depending on the model.
- Mileage/range: 30-35 mpg according to fuelly.
Most Fuel Efficient Diesel Cars
Perhaps diesel is not fashionable in California… or most places, BUT, just in case…
- Ford Fiesta SFE - the diesel engines could really stretch their legs!
- Mileage/range: 45+ mpg
- Volkswagen Jetta - It offered a 35mpg city/43 mpg highway, and it’s NOT a hybrid.
- Mileage/range: Upwards of 44 mpg if you consider only the diesel engines according to fuelly.
- BMW 328d - a sportier sedan and a strong candidate in this category.
- Mileage/range: 38-45 mpg
- Audi A3 - diesel motors in these used cars are up there for efficiency.
- Mileage/range: 34-40 mpg (up to 45mpg for the L4)
- Ford Focus - the diesel models over the years have shown they can keep up with the fuel economy.
- Mileage/range: 35-41 mpg
- Mercedes-Benz E250 - you might run into some of these on auction lots.
- Mileage/range: 33-35 mpg
Most Fuel Efficient Gas Cars
Alright, for all you gas guzzlers out there, here we go.
- Mitsubishi Mirage - it’s a little car to be sure but a lot of economy!
- Mileage/range: 39 mpg combined, 36 city/43 freeway
- Hyundai Elantra - A combined 37 mpg combined rating.
- Mileage/range: 33 city/42 freeway, although a bit lower according to fuelly drivers.
- Honda Civic - Another reason the civic is at the top of the charts when it comes to new and used car sales.
- Mileage/range: 36 mpg combined, 33 city/42 freeway
- Kia Rio - I remember driving this from San Diego to Sacramento and wondering if I’d have to stop for gas.
- Mileage/range: 36 mpg combined, 32 city/41 freeway
- Toyota Corolla - It features a winning 35 mpg combined.
- Mileage/range: 32 mpg city/41 freeway
- Nissan Versa - a 122- horsepower 4-cylinder engine and a combined fuel economy of 35 mpg.
- Mileage/range: 32 mpg city/40 freeway
- Nissan Sentra - it claims 33mpg combined. Not bad for gasoline.
- Mileage/range: 29 mpg city/39 freeway
Ok, so we don’t have evvvvverrryyy car listed here, but you can bet that you’ll find great deals on these and other electric, hybrid, diesel, and gas used cars at Express Auto Auction. Can’t wait to see you! 👍
We have two lots at 8920 Paseo De La Fuente Norte, San Diego, CA 92154 and 1069 S Santa Fe Avenue, Vista, CA 9208